Outcasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children...barely over eighteen...hunted by the government... Join the post-apocalyptic struggle as the heroes develop special powers when they hit eighteen and are hated for it.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Path of no return

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Lex was pondering his descion, he had listened to Christy after all, and considered getting metas to join his side. He was planning on telling her soon, and he wanted to introduce her to the new recruit, but there was always time for that later. He was sitting on his couch, entertaining himself by watching his press conference. My isn't he conceded?
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Christy walked into Lex's apartment, already having a key for it since she basically lived there herself now. She put down some things she had gotten while she was out by the coffee table. "Hey love." she said smiling as she kissed him on the lips. "Hows your day been?" she asked curiously. She had been gone since before he had woken up shopping...something she never really had the chance to do much and sat down beside him. "Find a way to entertain yourself while I've been gone?"
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Lex smiled as she walked in, she was as beautiful as ever. "Welcome back Love" He said as she kissed him. "I've been bored out og my mind. How was shopping?" He patted the seat beside him with a bandaged hand. "I've been forced to watch myself all day!" He sighed and turned the T.V. off. "I'm glad you are back Sweet."
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 pm

"You know something else would have been on the television." she replied smiling as she sat down next to him. "It was shopping," she continued to say, "I've gotten a couple of new things but I didn't want to overspend anything since you were paying for it." she said with a smile. She new she was overflowing with bags when she came in the door. She practically had gotten a new wardrobe but that wouldn't have surprised him in the least. She looked down at his bandaged hand, hers finally healed up. "And what did you do?" she asked worriedly as she reached for his injured hand.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Lex smiled at her. "But no one as handsome as me, or as beautiful as you." He put an arm around her and held he close. He looked at her in disbelief as she told him about her shopping excursion. "Right, it's not like you bought the whole store or anything, you'll get the rest on the next trip." He laughed, and pulled his hand injured hand from her. "It's nothing, just a scratch" He kissed her cheek innocently.
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 pm

"You're lying." she said looking at him seriously, "Now let me see it. Your whole hand wouldn't be bandaged if it was just a scratch, and it if was that was one hell of a scratch." she said making a point. "Now what did you do Lex?" she asked her facial expression all seriousness as she looked him in the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Lex looked at her his face serious. "Alright, I'll tell you. But honestly , it's only a knife wound. I'll survive." He looked her in the eye, wondering how she would take what he was about to say. "Remember when you told me I should get an army of mutants to fight for me?" He knew she would get the hint, but he wanted to make sure she was prepared. "Well, I met...What did he call himself...A meta the other day, and I have convinced him to join my ranks." He smiled faintly, worry creasing his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Christy looked at him. A knife wound? Did he get it properly treated? How could she not have noticed it sooner? She felt like an idiot for not noticing it before now but then again, he had probably tried to keep it from her, not thinking about it when she had walked in the door. She looked up at him, "Are you ok?" she asked and then she heard the term meta and her eyes got wide.

"You...you mean you finally took my advice on something?" she asked him curiously raising an eyebrow at the question. The question now probed her head, should she tell him what she was? What would he say? Would he be angry at her for decieving him or accept her for what she was? She was confused now at what to do. She never meant to get attached to him but in the time that she had known him she had come to actually love him...if love was possible in such a time as this.

"Thats good you finally took my advice on something love." she said smiling as she kissed him on the cheek. "Do I get to meet this person?" she asked curiously wondering if it was another meta she had known.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Lex knew that he should have told her sooner, but he was hesitant. He hadn't done much to the wound, other than bandaging it, but it seemed fine. "I'm fine, I've had worse wounds." He watched the surprise reach her eyes at his news. He chuckled a little.

He touched her cheek gently with his bandaged hand, an smiled. "Of course I took your advice. I wouldn't have told you this before, but I actually quite like the idea of it. I was just too stubborn to admit it. Don't be too surprised Love."

She kissed his cheek and he looked at her with the eyes of a lover. "I will probably take most of your advice, how can I not. You are quite brilliant." He frowned, his protectivness coming out as she asked if she could meet Saphire. "Well.." He said hesitantly. "If you want to I guess a meeting can be arranged."
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 pm

"Are you sure?" she asked looking at him when he had said he had received worse wounds. "You made me go to the hospital for my hand and you won't even let me look at yours?" she asked questioningly. "Thats not exactly fair Lex." She remembered that. He had made someone else look at it too, and she had kicked the guy square in the chest. She wondered what had ever happened to him but didn't ask.

His hesitance to her question gave her, her answer immediately, "You don't want me to do you?" she asked looking at him, "I mean I think it might be a good idea for me to since I came up with the idea in the first place, don't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Lex sighed, but figured he might as well have her way. He knew how forceful he was when she got hurt, and he knew how she felt. "Fine yo ucan look at it, if you'll stop worrying, it doesn't even hurt that much." He held his bandaged hand out for her to unwrap and look at. "It's only fair I guess."

He looked at her wit hworry as she questioned him about the meta. "No I don't want you to meet him, he's dangerous! The last thing I want is for you to get hurt." As he spoke this, he knew he was going to give in anyhow. "It was you idea, so I guess I have no choice but to let you, besides you would get angry if I didn't" With his undamaged hand, he unlatched a walkie talkie from his belt. He sent his request for a meeting, and recieved his answer. "As soon as we are done here, we will meet him in my office."
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Christy took the bandaged hand and began to unwrap it. She grimaced a little looking at it. It wasn't too bad of a cut, very cleanly made but it had gotten infected. "You aren't cleaning it like you should." she said as she got up and walked into his bathroom coming out with peroxide and a clean bandage. "You have to keep these things clean otherwise it won't get better." she said as she bandaged up the hand again.

She looked at him, "I am a big girl Lex." she said rolling her eyes, "You could back me into a corner and I'd get out most likely having to stop myself from seriously hurting or killing you. But come on lets go down to your office now I guess." she said kissing him on the cheek lovingly as she rose and held out her hand for him.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Saphire was board as sin waiting for Lex to get there. He had been waiting for for ever. He had his legs kicked up on the man's desk and sat in his chair, knowing how anal Lex was about his own power. He laughed to himself as he waited.

The walky talky went off and Saphire got even more impatiant. He hated waiting. He was more then half tempted to PhaseStep to Lexs and get him. But the poor man needed his space, and so did Saphire.

He was in a skin tight body suite that gave maximum blood flow to increas preformance, and helped to keep him lightly armored. It was the new uniform for the squad that was being built. His helmet had a holoviser that was polorized at the moment but could become clear as air when need be.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Lex chuckled and took her hand. "It's probably true too." He raised her hand to his lips and began to make his way out of the apartment, trailing her behind. The elevator ride was quick, and the reached his office, he didn't even bother to release her hand. He just didn't care what anyone thought anymore.

He entered the office, instantly mad to see Saphire sitting in HIS chair, putting feet on HIS desk. He looked at Christy, trying to not say anything about it. "It would be a silly thing to get mad about.
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Christy was surprised to find he didn't let go of her hand when they got off of the elevator. She really wasn't used to him being so public with their relationship. She looked at people looking at them but they didn't say anything about it. She was glad for that. She wasn't liking being questioned every time she went somewhere.

Her eyes got wide when she saw who was sitting in the chair but she didn't let Lex see the look on her face. How could she explain how she knew him? She couldn't, she knew right then and there she was fucked.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Saphire slowly rose and grinned. He knew this girl. She had said she worked for the Government, but he didn't know she was Lex's girl friend. That was leverage in and of it's self.

"Sir, the Templars are set up." He smiled mischievously. "Gieas the Guiding Light reporting for duty."

He saluted with his right hand a fist over his heart. The dog tags he wore had only one thing on them, A white shield and a blood red equal armed cross on one and Thor's hammer on the other.

"Granted, I'm the only Templar so far." He looked at Christy, deciding wither or not to be truly evil. His attitude over rode his sense of honor.

"Or is this another Templar recruit you've brought for training?"
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Lex did not return his smile, he was still mad about his stuff being so arbitrarily sat in and the feet on his desk!! "Templars huh? Like the crusaders? Interesting name choice." He stepped further into the room, his hand falling from Christy's. He did give a ghost of a smile. "I'm sure more will follow, once they know how much I have to offer."

At his next comment towards Christy, however, he frowned. "No, she isn't of your kind. She is my secretary..."He trailed off as he looked back at her. At least he hoped she wasn't. It was always a possibility. It would be hard for him to accept that her intention had only been to betray him...but they had said the loved each other. No, there was no way she was one of them.
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Christy stepped slightly closer until she heard Saphire's words, Fuck! she thought as Lex's eyes turned to her, her eyes were full of terror. She knew she had been caught at what she was. Even though he had tried to deny she knew very well he had to know what she was now....Now if he didn't try to straight up kill her, he'd want to know what her powers were and then he would know she was on that train. She inwardly cursed the boy sitting in Lex's chair as she moved closer to him.

"No Lex...he's right." she said her face suddendly saddened while the look of terror still stuck on her face, "I...I'm a meta human." she said looking at him like a deer stuck in headlights.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Lex watched her expression of neutrality into terror. His eyes reflected the fear he felt. His heart felt like it had sunk into a deep cold place of nothingness. He didn't even have to hear the words, he had already guessed whatg she was going to say. Her admittance struck him like a bullet to the chest, and his legs felt like they would give way beneath him. He looked from one meta to the other, his heart breaking as he stood there. Misery was reflected in every faucet of his being. He took a few tentative steps in her direction before he actually moved to stand in front of her. He took her gently by the shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "Tell me you are lying, please tell me you are lying. His eyes searched hers for some hint that it was all a bad joke.
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:39 pm

The second he started to move towards her, the air in the entire room felt like winter. Her breath could be seen and it was amazing that she wasn't even flinching at the cold that was in the air. She was shaking from fear of being caught and afraid to see what would happen to her now. She looked down at the ground when he took her by the shoulders, "Don't touch me." she said as ice started to form on Lex's hands as she stepped back.

"If you want me to lie to you I can." she said looking at him, "But I think now that its out in the open its too late to worry about that." she looked like tears would start falling from her eyes at any second. Ironically they did but as they started to fall they turned into ice, her eyelashes looking frosted now.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:58 pm

As the air got colder, his breath became crystalized and he stepped back quickly as she said not to touch her, his hand began to ice. He looked at her, hurt and grief in his eyes...and then a hot burning anger. He watched her tears, his heart as cold as her icy tears. "So what was your goal? To seduce me and then kill me in my sleep? Was that your plan huh? Did you even love me?" He turned away from her, his fists clenched. His thoughts turned to all the private emotions they had shared, and he grew angrier still. His gaze flicked over to Saphire, but he said nothing to the boy. Instead with a howl of rage, he took the nearest chair and flung it at the window in an act of primal rage. The glass shatterd, sending glass flying everywhere. He couldn't remember being so angry, yet he could not turn and raise anything against his betrayer, his love. He would not hurt her.
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Christy looked at him, "At first." she said looking at him, "But not seduce you. Trust me if I wanted to seduce you and kill you in your sleep I would have done it already." Lex's desk was turning into ice and ice was starting to coat the walls. She was an unstable meta...It was getting to the point if she didn't calm down soon she would be dangerous to everyone in the building except for maybe Saphire. "I didn't plan of falling in love with you. I planned on taking you down so you would stop trying to kill me and others like me!" she screamed as the desk finished becoming complete ice.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:14 pm

He turned to face her, his face etched in stone, his eyes chips of green emerald. Then a thought of understanding flashed through his eyes, and they glittered with the knowledge he had forgotten. His was immobile, his face a mask of nuetrality. "You have tried to kill me haven't you? You were on tha ttrain, and you tried to freeze the helicopter blades to plunge me to my death." He turned away from her, unable to look her in the eyes. He loved her, but she was tearing him apart, and he couldn't let that happen. He watched the ice form, not aware that she could potentially freeze everything he knew. She had already frozen his heart. "I wish you would have killed me in my sleep, the pain would have been less."
Back to top Go down
Christabelle Trinity

Christabelle Trinity

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:23 pm

She looked at him, she really hadn't known he was on the helicopter, just that someone on there was trying to kill her, for doing nothing but being who she was! What else had he expected her to do. She moved past him and the desk, "You were trying to kill me first!" she exclaimed. "You expect me not to defend myself?!" The door to the office had frozen, including the locks which meant that they were all locked into the office except for the gaping whole in the window.

Her heart stopped as she looked at him as if he had taken a blade and plunged it through her heart himself. She stood her hand against the broken glass. "For you maybe." she said turning back as she jumped out of the window without a second thought. She knew he would probably think she had just killed herself by just jumping out of the window but as she fell her wings came out of their own accord. She moved against the skies shakily and towards the train yards to catch the next train to Paris, hoping that he didn't try to force her back or send someone to kill her.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm

As the girl fled, the door shattered, and some guy Saphire had yet to meet came rushing in, his weapon drawn.

Don't just stand there, Go get her! Saphire shouted.

The man hesitated, so Saph grabbed him nonchalantly, and threw him out the window.

And bring her back alive or don't ever let me see you again.

Turning back to the stunned Lex Saphire spoke calmly. I'll track her sir, just give me the word. But do specify what condition you want her in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Path of no return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Path of no return
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next