Outcasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children...barely over eighteen...hunted by the government... Join the post-apocalyptic struggle as the heroes develop special powers when they hit eighteen and are hated for it.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Spear awakins

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Raven Hrothschilde

Raven Hrothschilde

The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Raven grinned widely at Saphire when he accepted his proposal to show him his power. As soon as their hands were connected he concentrated and froze time around them; the waves on the water were still and unmoving, the breeze was halted in its blowing; Raven looked at Saphire, his grin wide and inviting. This is my world, a world with no time... where only what I control moves and everything else is at my disposal... frozen. He pulled at Saphire's hand moving through the stilled air as if it were not there, the connection to Saphire through their joined hands captured his attention and all he noticed was what was happening right there in front of him, Saphire and himself frozen in the moment of nothingness as the world slipped out of their reality. I don't know if it is anything like what you can do, I am limited to moving within the space of my effect...but it is effective as I can cause things to happen in reality when I allow time to move again. He stooped down to pick up a piece of driftwood setting it as high as he could reach and moving away from where it would splash into the water, all the while holding Saphire's hand.

He liked holding the other boy's hand, the connection they shared in this moment. Raven was glowing with excitement; it was the first time he had ever told anyone about his ability, much less showed them and allowed them into it. When they were far enough away from the log suspended in the air he unfroze time. His eyes watched the wood fall into the water giving off a large splash. His eyes shone as he looked at Saphire, I liked doing that with you! he was euphoric in this moment of sharing, like a child again showing off; which was actually something he had never been able to do for fear of being discovered.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Saphire was amazed by the effect, it was almost along the same line as his own power, but much more concentrated. It was in a single word, amazing.

You mean you can stop time at any point? You can come and go as you like? He loved the power, and was obviously impressed.

It's truly an amazing gift. It would come in handy at key points in a fight that's for sure. he said, not even realizing he was already calculating the best way to incorporate the power into a team mission.

He watched as the drift wood feel, and could distinctly feel this boy holding onto him, like an anchor to this altered form of reality. Then he wondered if he could use his power in this instant. As time started again, Saphire was beside himself with wonder.

That truly is a power to be proud of. He reiterated. He was toung tied and akward and didn't know why. He had never felt for some one in this fashion. He had never been able to feel much for anyone. He had figured he never would. Training, even his free running, was all that he had taken enjoyment in. He had never felt to much contact from other people. He had never needed, or wanted, such attachments to the rest of the world.

But this boy awakened in him, something diffrent.
Back to top Go down
Raven Hrothschilde

Raven Hrothschilde

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:15 am

Raven was ecstatic, that bringing Saphire with him had worked so easily; and that he had confirmed their similarities of power. It explained why he had been able to glimpse the realms Saphire had taken him through, because he too travelled out of synch with the reality around him. He had not been able to fully appreciate the world Saphire had shown him, he wondered if he had thrown his ability into the mix if he could look around as he had in that moment of frozen time here on the beach.

He chuckled, Thanks to this war time travel has successfully been created... in a sense. I have yet to find the limits of my ability; other than the length I can hold time at bay. The most was for almost an hour one day when I was training with it. Usually I only use the freeze to do what I need to... but my other ability; the one I was created with is superior humanity-- I can run faster, am stronger, heal faster, stay in the fight longer without getting tired--even my aging is slowed; I am eighteen of course, but thirteen is when my aging slowed-- I have aged maybe one year in the last five... It should equalize at some point and I should start aging normally again, in theory! But to respond to your comments-- I like my power and had never met any other with a similar ability, until I met you! he moved closer to Saphire, he still had not released the other boy's hand and now he gave it a gentle squeeze just to make the connection stronger.

He could stare into Saphire's eyes forever, trying to read the emotions, or whatever was going through his brain was a puzzle; a challenge. And Raven loved challenges. He tried to imagine what Saphire was thinking, but wasn't certain where his thoughts might be as his face, although friendly, wasn't really a good indicator of what was going on behind it. Raven felt like they were the only two people in the world at that moment, alone on the beach... he grinned as it was a parody of freezing time, wanting to hold this moment longer.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:00 pm

We are what we were created to be Raven. Nothing more, and certainly, nothing less. Saphire's voice was distant. His mind reeling with the reality of the situation. He had become a leading member in the Government, granted of a secret branch, but that was not the issue here.

We need to keep our minds focused, and our goals in mind. No matter what else happens, we must maintain our focus. He couldn't belive that he was saying this. He had never even given some one this much of his personality to ponder, much less explain why he did what he did. He was a creation, nothing more. And creations were meant to do battle, not feel emotions. His face refused to show it, but his mind was racing trying to figure out the reason for the emotions he was feeling.

We are so alike, yet so different. I age normally, but I can step outside of the entire world. You can freeze time around you, and you don't age nearly as fast as I do. In theory you could live a life of eternal youth, while I will eventually fade into nothingness, only my legend to tell who I was. HIs musings stopped as Raven pulled himself closer, he could feel the heat coming off the boy, and enjoyed the feeling. No one had been this close to him that he wasn't engaged in a battle to the death with.
Back to top Go down
Raven Hrothschilde

Raven Hrothschilde

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Raven looked into Saphire's face watching him as he spoke. He listened to the words and the silence behind the words, what Saphire said with his eyes and tone was as important as what he said with his words. What we are created to be... a warrior; a prototype to other warriors... yet I am still human, I still feel... I can focus on what I want, ---I want to be useful; to be needed--to be wanted-- ... to be loved.

He reached out his free hand to touch Saphire's chest, his hand resting over the other boy's heart. I can feel your heart-- so whatever else you think you are, you too are still human. You too, as you said, are like me...the only one on earth who is. He didn't say anything more...didn't know if there was anything more to say. His hand stayed there on Saphire's chest, the other completing a circuit of contact still resting comfortably in the other boy's. Violet eyes peered into their mirror; deep, cool, uncertain looking back at the innocent, warm, trusting gaze. He murmured softly, with care over every word, I won't let them forget you ---ever... Saphire; I won't forget you ever. No matter what happens, you are now a part of my history; and my future-- a part of my life's story, a part of me. He offered a shy cautious smile. Had he said too much? He wasn't typically this emotional, nor did he usually feel this closeness...a bond, one he would defend to his death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   The Golden Spear awakins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Spear awakins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Outcasts :: Earth :: Anywhere-
Jump to: