Outcasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children...barely over eighteen...hunted by the government... Join the post-apocalyptic struggle as the heroes develop special powers when they hit eighteen and are hated for it.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Path of no return

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lex

Lex

Path of no return - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Lex watched, paralyzed as she jumped out the window. He was about to run to the edge when Lewis barged in like the idiot boy he was. Saphire, however, yanked the boy off the ground and tossed him out the window after Christy. He walked to the edge of the window and looked down, the broken body of Lewis lay there, but not his beloved. He looked at Saphire, a frown on his face. "Just let her go. We have to talk about getting new recruits. Lex was upset, but he would not show this new weakness on his sleeve, he would deal with his private life, in private. He motioned for Saphire to follw him out of the office, his shoulders erect, and his hands in his pockets.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Saphire nodded and followed lex. His holoviser going pitch black so no one could see his face. Behind it he was smiling like the Devil himself. He had just struck a blow to Lex that might be to his best interest.

Lex was, after all, only human.

Sir, where do you propose we go? I've been doing my research and I've heard that the Bioengnering team was lacking of recent times. Due mostly to the figures of failed experiments. Out of twenty five only one was successful. Subject 0013. Maybe we could start with that Meta. That plus I was thinking of using one of there sub bases for the Templars.

He was wondering about this Subject 0013. What kind of experiment had they done on the poor kid? Where was he now? What had happened between the experiments and present day? And mostly, why had they been experimenting with Metas?
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Lex turned to face him, a frown on his face. "We stopped the bioengineering division, not enough goos results, and there was an incident that killed many scientists so we put it on hold." He glanced sharply at Saphire. "Subject 0013 huh? Well, you have access to all files associated with other metas, I am sure the people you should be talking to about that, are the lead scientists of that particular subject." Lex ran a hand through his short hair and sighed. "Though, I do believe you will not have access to what it is they actually experimented for. You will have to track that information down on your own, which I am sure you will." Lex wasn't stupid, he knew that Saphire was only in this for his own gain, Lex would always be suspicious of him.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Saphire's holovizer went clear. The agreement was, Lex, that I would have access to all files. Not just files about Metas. It's in my contract. Saphire said the man's name with a tone of warning.

He knew he could fry this man if he so wished. It was well within his power.

Besides, I've tracked down most of them, and they all died due to Subject 0013. All except two of them. Drs. Skye and Angelis Lock. But there locations are secured secrets. I need to know if they are alive still or not. He didn't know why, but he needed this information. Not to mention Subject 0013's file was the only file I couldn't find. It was erased. Or something like that.

He needed Lex to give him access to all the files on the Metas. And the Dr.s.

Lex, I know you don't trust me, and I don't trust you. We want nothing more then to see the other dead, but right now, we need to at least trust each other to get the job done. You want an army of Metas, and I want Metas to be seen not only as desperate animals with rabies to be eliminated.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Lex looked at Saphire, a ghost of a grin on his face. It seemed a common occurance, metas being stubborn. "Even I am not authorized to that information, the only thing I know about is for the quest of some cure that never came about. I'm sure if I pulled some strings, I could get you most of what you are asking for, but I fear that you must seek out those particular two to fit your puzzle together. I will see what I can pull up on both of them. All that I can get you access to, I will, and I will have them sent to you through the computer system."

Of course the didn't trust each other, but Saphire did have a point. "I will get you what I can," He made his statemnt clearly, but underneath it he was telling Saphire that he could at least trust him to honor the agreement
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:00 am

Very well. With that Saphire's holovizer polarized again. His voice modulizer kicking in, giving him a soulless mechanical voice.

I'm going for now I'll be back in a few hours. I know where to get recruits. For now, Just know this. I'll be expecting you're help. Not just what we agreed on. I'll need your help just as much as you will eventually need mine.

He turned and the air thickened. And Saphire ceased to exist.

((Timelapse in my next post lol Wink had to make an exit lol))
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Lex nodded to him, but said nothing. His face unreadable. He turned away as Saphire did his whole teleportation thing. With a sigh, Lex headed to an unused office, it would be his until his window could be fixed.He began to type and click away on the computer, locating all the files he could and sending them to Saphire.

Lex knew all about SAphire, but SAphire didn't sem to know that the project he so sought after, was himself. Lex would not tell him what he knew, he would wait and see what Saphire uncovered himself. He doubted the other man would believe him anyways. It took him several hours to locate and move the files, but as he finished he sighed and leaned back in his chair.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Saphire had been out collecting data on Metas in the area. And finding a new HQ for the Templars. People all over the main lobby rose an alarm when they suddenly saw a man dressed in the exoskeleton of the Templars. The security guards rushed him and cuffed him before he could say a word.

They took him to the empty office Lex was using at the time.

Lex, call off the dogs before I kill them. Saphire said, his voice modulator making his voice hollow and soulless. Saphire had shown good faith in not having killed them already, and he hoped Lex understood this.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Lex stood, barking orders at the men. They fell back in surprise, releasing Saphire. Lex pushed them out, and they left reluctantly. Lex closed the door on them. And strode back to his chair and sat down. He folded his hands in front of him. "any luck on finding others to join the cause?" He motioned for Saphire to have a seat and continued. "I have sent you all the files I can access."
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Not yet, but give me time. My way doesn't get Cops killed. He looked at Lex, his holoviser becoming clear.

I have however found the perfect location for the Templars. Eagle's Nest. Hitler's main Head Quarters during his power trip. It'll need a few modifications of course. But I"m already on that.

Saphire took the seat and looked pleased. Thank you. It'll be interesting to see what comes up. I've made a few discoveries of my own. I've found Dr. Skye Lock. He hadn't just been out to get recruits like he had mentioned. He had actually been looking for information about the lost Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Let a smile escape him as Saphire spoke. "Sounds like an ideal spot for the Templars. I hope it doesn't take too long to build up the ranks." Lex leaned forward in interest as Doctor Skye Lock was mentioned. "I'm sure you'll be very interested in some of the files in there. So you found Dr. Skye Lock, that didn't take too much time." He leaned back again, his chair squeaking. "I hope you find what you are looking for from him." He again kept his mouth shut, Saphire would probably put two and two together about Lex knowing, but that would come later.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Lex was to smug. But this time, Saphire let it slide. These two needed to work together in order to accomplish the true pourpse of the Templars.

I should be able to. Besides, I've already gotten him to return. He's down in the Lab right now. He didn't mention exactly why the man had agreed to return. But that was another subject for another time.

Saphire had all but told the man he was going to destroy Subject 0013.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Lex leaned forward again his emerald eyes glittering like the cold jewels they were. "You managed to bring him back huh?" His eyes never wavered, not showing his true fear of when SAphire would inevitably find out the truth. "I'm glad you are getting your goals accomplished so quickly and smoothly, I am rather impressed."
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Saphire heard the tone of contempt. Why is it, you don't really want me pursuing this Lex? It was time to up the anti. Lex wanted him to be a part of this, and he was. Now it was time for them to either get along and play nice, or go there separate ways.

I'm not just a Lacky Lex. I'm the head of the Templars. I brought Skye back so I would have an expert on our side. Now you have a choice. Either tell me what secrets he might have, or just give me all the funding no questions asked.

The deal was his for the taking. Saphire could just kill him out right, of course. But that would be counter productive.

Why do you get on my nerves so bad? Saphire asked, his violet eyes sparking with the color of heat lightning.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 am

Lex's eyes glittered dangerously, not wanting to broach this topic right now. "There is a reason we let the scientists go, and there is a reason I don't want the lab active again. I'm sure you will find that all out soon enough, I won't spoil your fun."

Lex frowned as Saphire spoke again. "I know you are not just a lackey, you have done much since your arrival. I don't have to tell you anything about the doctor, he is here, he can tell you himself. I don't have a problem with what you are doing, and I will provide you with what you need, but do not try and threaten me. I am not easily intimidated, even by those with powers that could wipe me out."

Lex's eyes met Saphire, cool emeralds pitting themselves against the violet electricity. "I have no clue, and I don't really care."
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:14 am

Sparks of lightning formed at the corneres of the young man's eyes. I swear, sometimes you are so smug, then others you are almost likeable. Saphire said.

Why do you hate Metas anyway? He asked, his smile taking the place of his dark look. The lightning however never left his eyes. He wanted to get along with Lex. But if the man didn't open up, they would never get anywhere, then again, Saph was secritive about himself too. He knew there would always be trust issues.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:55 am

Lex laughed, he had to laugh, how could he not. "We might actually start to get along, that could be dangerous." He met Saphire's smile with his own. "Honestly, I did not start out hating metas. If anything, it was political reasons." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, a nervous habit. "In fact I was trying to locate the bastard that had turned our world upside down. When that became unsuccessful, the people got angry. I was told to use metas as a scapegoat, and I did. Of course, other things added onto that did in fact steer me towards hatred of your kind, but intially, I didn't hate them."

He knew he sounded foolishe, but he wasn;t going to lie about it. "I'm sure I can figure out why you hate the government, I can already guess." He looked away from Saph, not willing to meet his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Skye Lock

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am

So you hate us because we fight back? Is that the gist of it? Saphire couldn't help but laugh at this.

You hate us, because we fight back, we hate you, because of the obvious, you're trying to kill us. So our eradication was a political stunt to get you votes, and us not just lying down and taking it made you hate us. By now Saphire was laughing like a Mad Hatter.

Well that was awfully rude of us I must say. Trying to survive while you're political carrier is in jeopardy. Saphire wasn't just making fun of Lex. He was making a point. Lex had no right to hate all Metas. There were some that were evil, there were some that were good, then there were some that didn't know what they were yet. Just like normal humans.
Back to top Go down
Saphire Alexial

Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 am

So you hate us because we fight back? Is that the gist of it? Saphire couldn't help but laugh at this.

You hate us, because we fight back, we hate you, because of the obvious, you're trying to kill us. So our eradication was a political stunt to get you votes, and us not just lying down and taking it made you hate us. By now Saphire was laughing like a Mad Hatter.

Well that was awfully rude of us I must say. Trying to survive while you're political carrier is in jeopardy. Saphire wasn't just making fun of Lex. He was making a point. Lex had no right to hate all Metas. There were some that were evil, there were some that were good, then there were some that didn't know what they were yet. Just like normal humans.
Back to top Go down
Lex

Lex

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 am

Lex returned his gaze to meet Saphire's. His eyhes were angry, but his face calm. "You try to run a destroyed world, the people need to hate something, and metas were chosen. Everyone needs to hate something, it's why we exsist. I respect the fact that your kind do not take this lying down. People however rely on war, and this is the war of our century. I admit, that it was political, and I admit that I hate it when my plans get ruined by rightfully angry metas. I know I have myself in a very fine mess. You shouldn't be laughing so hard, look where you are sitting, and what you are doing."

Saphire's last comment grated on his nerves, and his face finally revealed his anger. "You think I do this for fun? I do this because there is not a person in this godamned world that can run this place better than I can. There has never been a more united world, granted they are united against metas, but they are united noetheless, and no one would have pulled it off better."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path of no return   Path of no return - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Path of no return
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2