Children...barely over eighteen...hunted by the government... Join the post-apocalyptic struggle as the heroes develop special powers when they hit eighteen and are hated for it.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Golden Spear awakins

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: The Golden Spear awakins   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Saphire had been relaxing on the beeches of Miami for only a few moments, maybe an hour at most, when he heard it. The comotion of several booted feet rushing his way.

He turned his head, watching the men as they wound there way toward him, there Private Military insignia shining in the setting sun's glow. They seemed like a well oiled unit, moving and acting as one. More like a pack of wolves then men. He watched wondering what a shock troop would be doing on the beach. But his curiosity was short lived. The men reached for hand to hand weapons. Knives, tonfa, sia, and other various weapons.

Noramally Saphire would only have to hold up his dog tags and tell any military to stand down, but he had left them in his appartmant the night before. He had wanted to go to Florida as a normal person. Not a Meta, not a Government official, just an every day surfer boy.

The only thing he was wearing was a pair of jeans that he hadn't taken off yet, and his jacket. He hadn't even thought to put on his armor, much less his weapons. He didn't want to remember the last dream he had had. It wasn't so much a dream as he had been reliving his early childhood. His training, it was distrubing him.

As he tried to get away, he noticed that he was surrounded. He didn't want to give up the fact that he was a Meta, so he only turned in a circle, taking in the people around him. Twelve men, all geared to take out a hand to hand fighter. The insignia was something Saphire had never seen before, but he would make sure he remembered it. A silver Pentagram with a single rune in the center. It was almost like his own marking on his chest, but he didn't have a rune inside of if.

Boy, you have one chance to give you're self up. There are twelve of us, and only one of you. You're best bet would be to just get on you're knees with you're hands behind you're head. You're on our Boss's turf.

Saphire couldn't believe what he was hearing. They thought that just because they told him to, he would just simply sit down, and let them do as they wished? Fat chance.

Saphire smiled, his impish delight showing on his face, and danger shining in his eyes.

Two men attacked at once, both rushing him from two different sides. Saphire took note that one was a bit faster then his counter part. Using training that was buried deep in his subconscious, he reacted with out any seeming hesitation, his movement blurred by force and the sun's rays.

The first man's face, chiseled and as beautiful as a statue of Dionysus, crumbled under the high side kick the teen let loose with. His jaw, Saphire knew since he had felt it break under his assault, was defiantly broken. And the man seemed to be out cold from the single strike. Then with out so much as a second to spare Saphire did a standing backwards flip kick, the motion seeming to flow with the side kick as if the boy were dancing. This kick landed on the second assailant crown, the man face planting into the body of his fallen comrade, and a very stunned looking Saphire landing on his back, with a sickening wet crack.

Saphire waited a few seconds to see who would be the next to move.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Raven padded along the beach in his worn cons his jeans were tight fitted so he knew there was little chance of getting sand up his pantlegs. He carried his bag in his hands loosely looking like any average citizen out for a stroll on the beach, swimming clothes in hand. He sensed more than saw the arrival of the tactical unit and he could barely believe the sheer gall of them ganging up on a boy who looked to me no more than what he appeared to be, a normal human out to enjoy the sunny day on the beach.

Raven had no perception of Meta or normal humans, but this guy had been well trained in hand to hand combat. It surprised him when he landed another guy flat on his back after executing a perfect side kick and smashing the first guys face in and flipping effortlessly into a spinning back flip-kick. It was fluid and bautiful. Raven felt his strength rise up within him and he wanted to act. He hesitated for a moment knowign he had yet to be seen and that to insert himself in this melee could be his own downfall. Should he risk his own safety for what could be a mere human? But then again if he didn't what kind of man was he?

He spurred into action, time slowing around him instantly so that he alone moved through it like it was nothing. He repositioned two more pairs of the unit who were closest to converging on the target so that the first man who would have been just about to grab the boy was now grabbing the guy beside him. His momentum was too far gone to check so he would fall taking the other guy with him. The other pair Raven situated so that their blows fell on each other as if they had completely overgauged their target and missed.

Raven slipped back to his unobserved location, feeling only hollow victory over his own desire to aide the other young man. He had helped but not directly implicated himself in the brawl. Now he tok a defensive position behind the beach hut for dressing and watched the outcome as he unfroze time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Six men were down now, and Saphire had only struck twice. Something was not adding up. He spun to face the six remaining men, a devil's smile playing on his face.

You really want to see something neat? He asked, his voice mischivious. In a flash he bent down and picked up two metal tonfa that had landed beside him. Kinda light, but I guess they will have to do.

The boy became a blur of motion, like a living dervish. The metal tonfa spun like possessed disks in his hands, but odder still, the men were starting to drop like flies even before the metal touched them, there bodies already convulsing as the metal would slam into there necks and faces, torsos and arms. Small columns of smoke rose from the fallen men, as the boy dropped the tonfa to the ground. His nose bleeding even though he had never taken a single hit.

He walked over to the shore line, washed his face, and screamed. It's unearthly howl echoed against the vast ocean, and shook listeners to the very core.

His body was tired, but they wouldn't let him sleep. He hadn't had a nap in three days. They insisted he learn more. Slowly they began another training video. He had seen it all. Every thing from the first recordings of war, to the latest in stealth war fair. He had been trained in every form of combat from chess to bio-nuclear. He knew more then any other soldier would learn in one life time. He had been forced to learn every fighting style from the most basic self defense to Master level Tibetan Kung-fu. His training was flooding back to him in waves now. Not just bit by bit, but instantly and simultaneously reliving every moment he had been in the holo-trainer.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Raven watched from his position behind the beach hut--- but the battle had taken the decided turn now. The boy had beaten the men easily, but what had happened. It didn't add up to Raven's eyes. There was more to this battle than met the eyes. Soon all the men were laying there unconscious or outright dead at the boy's hands. Raven saw the bewildered look in his eyes as he headed for the water, but the tortured scream wrenched through the very fabric of his heart.

He stepped out from his hiding place and moved to within a few feet of the boy. His stance was relaxed his hands loose by his sides he let the bag drop onto the sand almost soundlessly giving every effort to appear friendly. He might be making the biggest mistake of his life in trying to find soalce or comfort for this boy, but he was troubled and Raven couldn't just stand there and leave him alone now. Aklways his basal emotions were present, but this time he couldn't fight the urge to offer help such as he could to this boy who was only his own age!

Are you alright? he asked softly... he took in the bloodied nose and wondered when that had happened as he had never seen any one of the men get that close to lay a strike on him! His body forced into relaxation as his core said be prepared to run or fight... either of which could still be an option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 am

Saphires ears picked up the sound of sand being shuffled. Then a bag being dropped. Electricity leapt into his eyes, lighting them from the inside with primordial energy. As he stood, he turned to face the person who spoke.

I'm a monster. You would fare better to get far away from me. The black lightning around his eyes was mimicked by threads lacing up and down his hands. There energy giving off the smell of burnt ozone as the ions played havoc with the natural air.

You don't know how close to Death you are, leave now. Even in his state of turmoil Saphire was unwilling to harm an innocent.

Unless of course you're with those guys... He said, his voice trailing off as the only surviving one, the first one he had kicked, started getting onto his feet. With out warning, black lightning came down from the sky, spearing the man straight through the crown of his head. His eyes exploding with the raw force of power and energy, leaving only puddles of blood, goo, and water behind in its wake. The man's brains were literally melted and falling out of his open skull. And what wasn't melted, had been instantly crystallized.

If so, then go back to you're boss and inform him that frankly, he really should tell his underlings that messing with the wrong person is a job hazard, and he should pay you all a hell of a lot more. The boy's voice was monotone, his eyes distant.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:23 am

Raven looked at the boy closely, he knew he should be afraid, but it was so much like a caged animal the way this boy reacted. These men are nothing to me save govenment puppets mindlessly willing to kill anyone even for no reason. Raven remained where he was the smell of burnt flesh lingering in his nostrils; a vulgar offense to teh oceans salty tang.

Was it wrong of me to help you then? Is it wrong of me to care that one like me is hunted for sport? Would it be wrong if I didn't care if you were meta or human? Raven's voice had grown indignant. He did not expect a thank you by any means, but he was angered that the boy would threaten him so easily when all he had done was help and offer further help if he could. He realized he didn't care meta or human he hated seeing opression and the displays of power the government lauded itself on.

His violet eyes were deeper--indigo as he stood his ground. Even if he stopped time he couldn't stop the lightening. It was faster than he was. He was not even angry at the boy for lashing out at him, he would be very easily angered if he had been come at like the other had. But he couldn't back down now either. If he didn't stand for this what did he stand for? If he wouldnt support his offer fo help what worth was he? Silently he watched the boy, waiting for Fate to do as it pleased.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:34 am

They weren't government. The were private military. There insignia was wrong to be any faction of the government. His statement was cold and calculating. Then it hit him. The boy had claimed to have helped him.

So you have either mind control, or some other ability. I didn't think a crack team of Soldiers of Fourtune would fuck up that bad. Sorry but I hadn't seen you help. I wasn't aware that you were anything but human. His eyes spoke of appology even though his voice was still monotone.

Sorry for threatining to hurt you, but I'm not exactly normal, even by Meta status. I'm a wild card. You should probably find a safe haven, far from me. Saphire hadn't cried but once in the past year. But even now, tears slipped down his face from those crystal like eyes.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

Raven nodded at the correction, private military --someone's hired goons. Still picking on one they thought was weak, one who proved them wrong today. It seems the Fate have brought me here today, and as Fates are my guides I will stay to see what purpose I have here.

He didn't tell teh boy his power, he knew from hs parent's records that it was rare even by meta standards. Mind control worked as well as anyhting. The apology sounded in Raven's ears like the waves echoing off his eardrums. He found himself spaking withot meaning to, Wild card, that fits... I'm a wild card too in some ways; a freak even by the standards of my own kind. not so much of the fates as created to be who I am, but even creators get things wrong sometimes.

His fists clenched as he thought of his parents playing god-- creating him and then Samm... the brother that never should have been and now surely never was. I'm Raven, Raven Hrothschild. He actually held out his hand to shake with the boy. He knew if he got hit by a small amount of the boy's electrical ability he would be alright, even a moderate dose he could survive; that bolt that had fried the guy--well even his regeneration ability wasn't that good! His actions proved what he didn't say, that he wasn't going anywhere for now. The fates had guided him here, he needed to understand why before he could move on. He didn't question why he gave his real name to this boy-- he had carefully crafted his false identity so that it was bulletproof, but this felt right to him.

Raven wasn't looking for companionship. but he took what was given him; and travelling with this boy was definately sure to give a strong partner if more of those guys returned to the scene. Violet eyes looked into the storm that raged behind and within the other boy's eyes. Friends as can be, he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 pm

The lightning around the boy's hands retreated as he took the other boy's hand. Saphire Crimson. He knew that there were no records of him with his real name, not recent ones anyway. They all referred to him as Subject 0013, or Geais.

Fate has many a cold way of proving a point, that's for sure. he said with a weak laugh. As he let go of the boy's hand, he looked around.

We should probably get going, there's no telling when the cleanup crew will be around. They just wanted me off the land, because there boss 'owned' this turf. As he said this, he added air quotations to the owned part. Now the only thing he can be sure of, is that he needs to learn not to bully people. Especially people with powers that could truly ruin there day. Saphire had seen enough killing in his short years of life, and mostly all before he was five, that he was totally desensitized to it.

He started walking down the beach as if nothing had happened. As if he hadn't just killed the last survivor of a strike team in the most violent way.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Raven smiled when the other boy gave his name. Saphire... fitting; hard as a gemstone yet brilliant and beautiful... before he allowed his thoughts to get carried away further he looked around. yeah, good point... he picked up his bag and took a step in the boy's direction. That was the same thought I had, not to mess with someone who could hit back.

He chuckled softly, it wasn't everyday he witnessed such carnage, but he had seem too much from his earliest days in the labs... Metas who would kill themselves rather than submit to testing or presupposed torture and questioning. Even young children who were only being watched for suspicion of future abilities would sometimes injure themselves to thwart the research teams his parents led. A few times there were some whose age was unknown, and once the birth or awakening of powers had happened at the labs... that was a scene Raven would never forget!

He offered a prayer to Apollo for lighting his way on this day and followed Saphire without another thought or backward glance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Saphire had started walking toward the closets surf shop, only about five hundred yards away, when something hit him.

Hrothschilde...? The name was familiar, but Saphire couldn't place it. There was something about the name that nagged at the back of his mind.

As he thought about it, his arm came up and wiped away the blood from his nose. The reason for the bleed was that his mind was recovering thousands of years worth of training in only a few seconds time. Then it hit him. He knew the name all too well.

You wouldn't happen to have any family that was into Bio-engineering would you? He ask quietly. He wasn't going to hold that against the boy. Goddess knew he couldn't say much. He was just worried about there 'chance' meeting.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:45 am

Raven was looking around him more fully, taking in the shops and sparse buildings around the beach; definately set up for surfers and sun worshippers, as the beach goers used to be. He grinned when he thought how different their sun worship was from his own.

Within these musings he heard his familial name stated in an inquisitorial tone. He paused where he was waiting for the next clue to what Fate had in store for him. His family was hated by the Meta community, and no one knew about him...

He chose his words carefully, They used to be, but I have no family anymore-- they are all dead, six months ago when I turned 18, when I fully came into my powers, his head dropped to the sand, he wasn't necissarily ashamed of what he had done, but he wasn't boasting about it. He didn't say that he had killed his parents, it was not the kind of thing most people took to well. His voice dropped, not even a whisper more a sigh of sound as he admitted the last... powers they hadn't anticipated when they created me. Powers that were their own downfall and judgement for playing god...

He gritted his teeth and looked back up at Saphire, They worked for Dr. Skye Locke... and yes in bio-engineering; all that remains of all their research and years of labors is one living example; their entire lab was destroyed; the computers corrupted beyond repair so no one could retrieve the data, and then everything was burned. His eyes were intense, burning with the unknown effect these words would have. Would Saphire turn on him now, kill him for the crimes against Metas his parents were guilty of, would he know the truth behind the partial explanation Raven had offered and figure out what he meant in his not meant to be heard words about his own creation?

He could only hope his being a Meta would temper the situation a bit, he had reacted against his own flesh and blood was it now time to be judged for his crime of murder? He silently prayed to his Gods offering not atonement but preparation if this was to be his last moment on hte earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Saphire started to laugh as he listened to the boy. He couldn't help but let the dark laughter fill the air.

Serves them right. He said with a knowing glance. Skye is more a pain in the ass then most any one on earth. Every where I turn, he's making hell for me. Saphire knew that only three people out side of Egale's nest knew Skye still lived. When Saphire was four, Skye had gone into hiding, after his own 'creation' had turned on him.

By Apollo, this is more then a little odd. he said, his voice falling to a normal level.

I'm one of Skye's children. Actually, I'm the one that wrecked the lab fourteen years ago. He said with a dark smile. As he let his words sink in he looked around. No one was watching them, but Saphire still had a bad feeling.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:01 am

Raven looked at the boy, how much did he surmise of his story-- did he figure out that he had killed his parents? He couldn't help but grin sardonically along with the dark laughter, whatever the other knew of him now he didn't necassarily disapprove of Raven... That was a good thing as far as he was concerned.

My parents always seemed careful of Dr. Skye; I know they were cautious... the story said he was dead---but they never took any chances. My mother said if anyone could survive it would be that man, and they reported back to someone! But they didn't report everything, some of their data was inaccessible to anyone outside the lab; written only in journals and lab reports that couldn't be hacked because they were on paper... mostly about me. To keep me hidden from the government. Raven looked at the other boy, he was nearly the same age and yet this had to be the impetus to their own experimentation. The successful experiment 0013-- he had read that data, what very little there was, which was mostly speculation.

It was interesting, if this was the same boy, he had destroyed his lab around the same time Raven had gotten access to his parents files, when he was three, maybe four.

Then we are the same on many levels. Created by our parents to be what we are, yet underestimated. His purple eyes looked at Saphire with a keen interest and a slight reservation, he was not afraid of the boy, even after seeing the incredible results of the few reports he had read, it had been to his benefit that his parents lab was still linked with the main headquarters of Dr. Skyes bioengineering labs; but that data had been nearly impossible to hack into, even as he had grown older. Saphire, do you believe in the Fates? How odd that we should meet now, and in such circumstances when I let the fates guide me as they will-- and today I meet the only other person alive who is like me... more than I am, yet basically the same. and yet... his words failed him as he tried to make sense of the scene he had witnessed earlier, what had broken in the boy's mind when he had killed those men? Something so strong it had caused his nose to bleed...

Raven fet that inexplicable pull towards Saphire again, something more than interest, the pull that had caused him to react in the first place... charisma? definately Saphire had that when he wanted, yet he pushed at Raven, he felt a pullling and a pushing, something about Saphire attracted him, yet Saphire purposefully kept an aura around himself that said stay away. Raven grinned impishly, good thing he was too stubborn to listen to such defenses. He felt it could only be a good thing that he met this boy here today, Fates had guided him here for some reason; he hoped it wa a good one. He looked at Saphire again, what was it that had drawn Raven here... he was strangely fascinated and trying to hide it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:11 am

Lets just say my code name is Geais. Fate, blessing, curse, power, weakness all rolled into one nice little ball and thrown into every Meta's face. He said with a sad laugh. He had named himself properly. Even before he had devolved his powers. He looked deep into Raven's eyes, trying to surmise the whole of the boy's soul only with his gaze.

I believe in fate. He said nodding his head, but still keeping his eyes locked with Raven's.

We are who we make ourselves to be Raven. Fate can steer us, but ultimately, we make our own fate. Our destiny might be to end up on opposite sides of this war, but who knows? Saphire wasn't used to people treating him like a normal person. He was either less then human, due to either being a street rat or a Meta, or being some one of power and authority, being the head of the Templars. He was happy that this boy was only treating him like another guy. He flashed a dazzling smile.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:29 am

Raven stood there face to face with this boy as he stared him in the eyes; it was a probing look drawing everything he was from deep within. He had never felt as if anyone understood him, but today he knew someone did. Geais, I shall remember that, if ever I hear it I will know it is you. Raven wondered at the great weight Saphire carried on his own shoulders, it was larger than the burden Raven bore and yet he bore it with ease.

He smiled, Should we find ourselves on opposing lines I shall remember to stear clear of you. I'm not a fool with a death wish, in fact I hope to find a place in this world, my own place because right now there is no where I belong. A Meta with knowledge of other Metas, and with a strange power... He paused and looked at Saphire his eyes flashed in the sunlight, looking at you is like looking into a mirror in some ways, yet like a carnival mirror... we are the same yet there is a distortion, an imbalance which skews the glass.

He wanted to find himself an ally of Saphire, not an enemy--he understood what it meant to be this boy's enemy! Yet he followed instinct and Fate, he would have to make his own place in this world, there wasn't a ready made niche for him. He wanted to thank Saphire for helping him come to this conclusion, but he kept it to himself as his smile faded and he wondered how to do just that. He would have to choose sides, of course, and he was pretty certain which side he was on, he was Meta, his parents had been government... and he was not merely human, yet he believed they deserved to live and be left alone as much as possible. He sighed, Fates, why do you bring me more questions than answers!?

He looked out at the ocean, feeling its swell in his heart; it was a similar feeling when he looked at Saphire again, recalling the smile that had found its way to the boy's face, a smile he had liked seeing there as it had made the handsome boy look even more like a golden god standing there. I shouldn't tell you my power, in case we did end up on opposing sides of this war, you would have the greatest defense against me in this knowledge... but I trust my instincts and they tell me we could be friends. I can step through the boundaries of time, everything else stops anf I can move as I will. It is not mental, and it was not expected when my parents began playing with my DNA at my conception. I have never been powermapped, I think my parents were afraid to discover what they might find... and my powers didn't fully awaken until I was 18, like most Metas-- but I was an anomoly, I had powers from birth. Powers I learned to hide before I was even a year old. Powers even my parents didn't know were as strong as they are. But mostly I was smart-- I broke into my parents mainframe early on. They never knew... I read about you; I always wanted to meet you... someone closest to me; created not born, yet you were made to be more than I-- I was only enhanced in intelligeance and given stamina, strength, and speed beyond humans. That was supposed to be my powers, a super fighting machine if needed. But I have a mind of my own, and my true power woke the day I killed my own parents, you could say my truest Birthday. his face faded into a sardonic smirk that drifted to a sad smile. He had been reborn that day, as a true outcast, with no family no place to go and no place to fit in. He had learned he could stall time, bend it to his will, and he had frozen the moment--allowed rage to consume him-- and taken out the people who had given him life because they had become monsters bent on creating a meta army of mindless soldiers. Yeah he knew his side in this war all to well, he stood alone against any who would seek to opress others. If Meta thought they were better for their powers, he was against them; yet if humnas thought they were better for not being freaks, then he was against them too... and he did no trust the government at all.

He realized he had drawn closer to Saphire while he was speaking and he could feel the warmth of the other through the slight distance between them, that pull of kindred soul. He wanted to be friends with Saphire, but what did Saphire want?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Saphire looked at the boy with a sad smile as he spoke.

I wasn't what my father was hoping for. He wanted a warrior that was unparalleled, but he didn't have the brain power to truly understand what that meant. He wanted The Spear of Destiny in human form. A warrior with out parallel. A killer with out a conscience. I killed my mother when I was four, and thought I had killed Skye as well. After lunch and right before another six hour stint in the holotrainer, I took a metal fork that they had forgotten about from breakfast and stabbed the control panel on my cell, then proceeded to destroy there lab one computer at a time. The over load that caused killed Angelis and, I had thought, Skye as well. But to no avail. I blocked out the memories for fourteen years. But slowly they are starting to return, sometimes in snips and pieces, others in leaps and bounds. Today was a leap and bound day.

This last comment he spoke was accompanied with a smile.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 am

Raven looked into the eyes of the boy who stood before him, violet orbs reflecting a storm of emotion as they gazed into the reflection of his own color. He had never met anyone else with purple eyes. You are the Spear of Destiny, the ultimate warrior, yet even the strongest of us all needs companionship... You are the strongest and the deadliest, yet even you deserve one who you can trust to not betray you... Raven never broke the eye contact with Saphire, he held the eyes of the other boy as his left hand moved up deliberately and his thumb wiped away the last trace of blood from the boy's face. He let his hand drop back to his side as he marvelled at the strange destiny the Fates had brought him today.

Raven's eyes showed his concern and his compassion. He could not feel pity for Saphire, and he understood only in part what the other boy was going through. Instead he reflected comeraderie, and hope for their future. Saphire was the ultimate experiment; where Raven was merely a watered down version of what Skye had hoped to achieve. Both were successful experiments and yet had far exceeded their parent's expectations and intentions. Both were the ultimate outcasts in this war, and yet necessary for it's advancement.

Raven wondered where Saphire stood, if he would carry out his Father's plan for being the weapon, and whose side it was intended to secure victory for. Raven knew he would fight with Saphire, if he could. It would be to destroy himself to fight against the boy... yet his ultimate loyalty lay in peaceful resolutions. Raven dreamed of a world where Meta and Human coexisted, perhaps not in peace but in an agreement of peaceful intent. He returned the smile Saphire wore and made a leap of faith.

He held out his right hand Friends, allies even. he said looking for a connection to bridge the gap that still stood between them, and laying his offer of true friendhip there for Saphire to accept or reject as he chose.

((I had to read your bio to check your eye color... I didn't even realize it was the same...... I claim you copied me on this one... I have used violet eyes before :p ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Saphire's smile faded as he realized that Raven was right. He needed an ally that had his back no matter what side he chose. Christy wasn't reliable, she was Lex's. And no one else was forth coming. Even the twins were slightly more loyal to the government then to the real cause.

That would be more then some one like me deserves. His violet eyes were cast down, and his face a mask of detachment.

I think we might need to go elsewhere for now. That way we won't be here when the figure out there men are dead. He held out his hand, not telling the boy what exactly was going to happen.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Their hands connected in the middle and Raven was surprised at the flow of strength and warmth that passed between them. He wondered what Saphire intended and where they should go, but for now his connection with the other boy was silouetted in their clasped hands, meant as an offering of friendship by Raven, as a prelude to escape apparently by Saphire.

He wished Saphire could trust him, he wanted nothing for himself other than the connection of companionship. He liked Saphire, found him attractive definately, but there was something that made him wary, adn said that a relationship between them was friendship at best and tentative at that. Raven needed connections, all he had ever known was the lie of his parents loving him; and that hollow failure made him yearn for real love. Bonds forged in battle between brothers were strong, so were those of lovers; Raven considered that these were parts of his quest to find himself and his place in this new world.

his smile was warm and sure, friends. he said with certainty. His eyes said he was ready to go whereever Saphire would lead him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm

When Raven said friends Saphire smiled impishly. This was going to be one of the biggest rides of the poor boy's life, and he didn't have a clue.

Saphire's voice was soft, intimate, and slightly teasing. Hold on tight. He stepped toward the ocean, and the air thickened around them, his power coming to full effect. He took Raven with him as he slipped out side of space and time. This world was his alone. No one had ever had the same power as his Phase Stepping. And only people with photographic memeories could remember the place with any thing more then the feeling of dizziness and aprehention. Even with a photographic memory, it was vauge place to be. The memories distorted by the effect of being outside space and time. Outside the realms.

Saphire smiled at the swirling mass of harmonized chaos. It was his playground. His own little world, in which only he held the key. Yes others could portal, and even teleport, but only Saphire could slip between the realities.

After spending a few moments in his chaotic paradise, he allowed himself and Raven to reenter the Earth Realm. Showing up in a nice little forest right off a coast. There was a portal not far from here, and Saphire knew where it led. He had gone into it by mistake once, while he had been swimming.

Welcome to Old California.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Raven felt as if the Earth was twisting and expanding while contracting around him; there was a vague sense of vertigo, but Saphire's hold kept him grounded. He looked into the other boy's face the ease with which he accepted the surroundings and Raven found a lifeline to hold to. He couldn't tell how long they stayed in that disassociated place; it felt like a moment, it felt like an eternity. It was solitude and he was the only thing there besides Saphire... total isolation and total connection. He loved it, it was the most extreme feeling he had ever experienced.

When the world congealed around them again Raven laughed. The air was pure the foliage green, everything seemed heightened; and it was due to the rush of adrenaline from the ride. That is the way to travel!! He released his grip on Saphire reluctantly, not wanting to lose the connection they had made. I should suppose that isn't something someone like me could learn is it? his face was vivid with desire, he wanted to explore that worls where he felt so alive and everything was disjointed. He grew solemn, where was that? I can't think of anyplace like it except in my dreams. He waited hoping Saphire would have answers for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Saphire looked at the boy bewildered.

You remember the trip? Every one else he had ever taken with him had forgotten the place almost immedatley. So to say that Raven remembering was astonishing, was saying to little.

When the other boy asked about teaching him the Phase Step, Saphire laughed. Not meanly, but amused. I could no more teach you to Phase step, then you could teach me to do what you do. He had a point. Phase Stepping was a rare ability, and Saphire was the only Meta with it as far as he knew.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:34 am

Raven blushed, Not exactly remember it, but a sense of being in a place I have seen in my dreams; somewhere when I feel like I am drifting away from reality in the night. There was only chaos around me; but I focused on you and could feel some sense of order... maybe something like Astral projection? I can't really do it, I wish I could to visit other realities and dimensions! But that is what it felt like to me, looking into your eyes as I studied your face. He felt chagrined, like he had said something wrong... it was the rush of the trip that had heightened hs senses and made him feel the tingle of the effect the trip had had on him anything that produced that perfect high--well he was sure to remember that feeling, even if he didn't quite understand what had caused it. Phase stepping, he turned the word over in his mind. What a great ability! Oh to be able to move through space in the blink of an eye, going where ever in an instant.

He knew it wasn't something he could learn, but Raven was obsessed with knowledge and learning as much as he could from whomever would teach him. How else was he going to put the knowledge he already had to good use unless he was strong enough to survive in these times. Saphire mentioned Raven's ability, maybe it was something like what he could do-- he moved through time like Saphire moved through space. His eyes lit up with this realization, It is sort of like what I can do-- I can step outside of time, you can step outside of what? reality? This dimension? or something like that. He wished there was something around moving that he could use to show Saphire what he meant. The vertigo feeling was nothing like when he moved through time; it was simply moving when everything else was frozen, the air felt thicker and anything he tried to manipulate took effort, there was resistance; but it was only a sense of being out of synch with everything around you.

Raven took in the water around him and the breeze lifting the trees, I have never tried to take someone with me, but I would bet you could be the one... if you wanted... I could show you what I can do. This was a major invitation because Raven usually never even let on what he could do, allowing others to come to the wrong conclusions. He had never seen anyone with his ability either, and Saphire didn't have the same or really even a similar ability; but for once Raven wanted someone else to understand the rush of moving when everything else is still and caught in time. It was less unexpected than Saphire's just moving them without telling Raven what he planned to do, and Raven considered his other ability to recover, quicker than normal meta even, had probably contributed to him remembering the feeling he had experienced of near vertigo in the chaos.

His grin was inviting and he held his hand out again, knowing that to move in his ability they would have to be connected and he was going to have to concentrate, something Saphire apparently didn't have to bother with. He was leagues away from being a fraction of what Saphire was, but he still wanted to offer this experience to the other boy, especially as he felt that this was a goodbye of sorts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphire Alexial

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Try all of the above, I pass through the dimensions, space, and time it's self. They are all at my disposal. It's kinda like wrapping fate it's self around me. I can see, hear, and come out, any where, and see every thing going on in that split second, in all three dimensions. It's like having the entire cosmos at your beacon call. He said with a distant look in his eyes. Describing exactly what he felt in his 'realm'. It was like a realm all his own, but he didn't want to sound conceded. Granted, he knew he was.

When Kai offered to show him his power, Sayvar smiled.

That would be amazing. I'm always up for new experiences. Sayvar felt an odd kinship with this boy, a sort of strange parallel. A drawing of two souls.

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Spear awakins   

Back to top Go down

The Golden Spear awakins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Outcasts :: Earth :: Anywhere-
Jump to: